By Tammera M. Race,Stephann Makri
Accidental info Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity within the electronic Age presents readers with an attractive dialogue at the methods serendipity—defined because the unintended discovery of valued information—plays a big function in artistic problem-solving.
This insightful source brings jointly discussions on serendipity and data discovery, learn in desktop and knowledge technology, and engaging suggestions at the artistic strategy. 5 thorough chapters discover the importance of serendipity in creativity and innovation, the features of serendipity-friendly instruments and minds, and the way destiny discovery environments may possibly motivate serendipity.
- Examines serendipity in a multidisciplinary context
- Bridges conception and practice
- Explores electronic details landscapes of the long run with essays from present researchers
- Brings the concept that of unintentional discovery and its worth entrance and center
Read Online or Download Accidental Information Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity in the Digital Age (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar storage & retrieval books
This article offers a theoretical and sensible exam of the newest advancements in info Retrieval and their program to current structures. by means of beginning with a sensible dialogue of what's wanted for a knowledge procedure, the reader can take hold of the scope of data retrieval difficulties and observe the instruments to solve them.
Acclaimed by way of numerous content material structures (books, track, videos) and public sale websites on-line, suggestion platforms are key parts of electronic thoughts. If improvement was once initially meant for the functionality of knowledge structures, the problems at the moment are hugely moved on logical optimization of the buyer dating, with the most target to maximise power revenues.
A realistic roadmap for database improve, migration, and transformation This Oracle Press consultant offers most sensible practices for migrating among various working platforms and systems, remodeling current databases to take advantage of assorted garage or firm structures, and upgrading databases from one unencumber to the subsequent.
The two-volume set LNCS 10539 and 10540 constitutes the court cases of the ninth foreign convention on Social Informatics, SocInfo 2017, held in Oxford, united kingdom, in September 2017. The 37 complete papers and forty three poster papers provided during this quantity have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 142 submissions.
- Mastering Citrix® XenServer®
- E-discovery: Creating and Managing an Enterprisewide Program: A Technical Guide to Digital Investigation and Litigation Support
- Alfresco for Administrators
- Atomic Transactions: In Concurrent and Distributed Systems (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
- Automatic Processing of Natural-Language Electronic Texts with NooJ: 9th International Conference, NooJ 2015, Minsk, Belarus, June 11-13, 2015, Revised ... in Computer and Information Science)
Extra resources for Accidental Information Discovery: Cultivating Serendipity in the Digital Age (Chandos Information Professional Series)